Friday, February 24, 2012

Eros Your Man - Fun Fridays

       Eros is the wonderful romantic feelings of overwhelmingly unselfish adoration when you are "in love" with another. Can you remember back that far when you and your hubby felt this way about each other?  We all remember how great that was, but now realize that the feelings of overwhelming unselfish adoration do not last forever without constant work and the strength of our Lord and Savior.  C.S. Lewis believes that God uses Eros to teach us what love for our neighbor will look like if it is done correctly and in His strength. With Christ's help, we can easily toss personal happiness aside and think of others first - "loving our neighbor as ourselves."
        Does your relationship with your husband give your children a correct picture of how they should love others?  I love my husband now more than I ever have, but the way I treat him does not always display this. He is my rock, my support, my best friend.  He is the only one who can correct me and make me laugh at the same time.  (Yet he is also the one I am the sassiest and the grumpiest with unfortunately.) We are obviously not always all "lovey dovey", but thankfully we do still have "that spark" because we rely on Christ's strength and continually work on our relationship.
       Praise God for blessing you with the husband that you have.  I am so very blessed to have a relationship with My Man Micah that combines all of the four loves into one!  You have all heard, "There is nothing you can do that is better for your children than to love your husband."  Love your husband with Eros this weekend!  (Please don't report back to me this time about your great ideas about how you are going to accomplish this:))

No comments: