Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dependable Dads (and Moms) - Teaching Tuesday

    Teach your kids about dependability & unconditional love. For a girl, anxiety naturally accompanies Valentine's Day whether she has a significant other or not. She worries, "Is anyone going to remember me on this day to make me feel loved and valued?" Growing up, my father was more dependable than anyone I knew. My Valentine's anxieties were calmed with the knowledge that I was going to receive flowers from someone no matter what. I knew I was special to someone - my Dad.
     I don't know how boys feel on Valentine's Day, but I do know that they probably wouldn't mind counting on getting a nice note and some chocolate from their mom.
     You know your kids best. What would say, "You are an amazing kid, and I love you no matter what" to your child? I would love to hear about your ideas to make your kids feel special on this special day.

No comments: