Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bad Hair Day? - Wacky Wednesday

       Yesterday we talked about TEA - how our Thoughts, Emotions, and Actions are all intermingled. So the questions is now, "How do we take control of our TEA- even on a bad hair day?" I know this sounds silly, but we all have bad days, and there really has been scientific research about how your hair can affect your life. Well, the most effective method of self-control - even on your worst days -is to seek God's help to replace negative thoughts and emotions with God's truth and positive focus. However, this does not have to be as difficult as it sounds. It can be as simple as Acting like we have right thoughts and emotions - in other words obeying God even when we don't feel like it. Talk to your kids about your struggles they need to know that we all have to obey even when we don't feel like it.
     Example #1:   If I am feeling a little down, my natural inclination is to feed my sorrow or take a nap.  Instead,  I can embrace God's joy and do something funny. Wigs are perfect for Acting (see photos.)
     Example #2: Sometimes people seem to rub me the wrong way. If I invest myself in that person, by doing something nice for them, my heart and mind is softened toward them. I maybe could don my spy wig and deliver them an anonymous gift card to the salon.
     Example #3: I feel a "headache" coming on at bedtime... I will let you imagine what happens next here. You can include the wig or not in this scenario:).

     You get the idea. Right Actions lead to better emotions and better thoughts. How do you take control of your TEA? Is there a specific thought pattern or emotion that you continually deal with? What do you not feel like doing on a regular basis? Do you have any funny wig stories for me?

No comments: