Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mandy's Lesson 5 - Mom sets the Mood

       When people are sick or dying everyone always talks about how amazing they are like they could do no wrong.  Well Mandy is not perfect, but it is actually hard to find anything negative to say about her (and I am ashamed to say that I usually have no problem at all thinking of negative things to say about people).  All I could come up with for Mandy is that she is sometimes a little cranky in the morning time. So I am going to talk about mom moods today.
        We have quite a bit of moods in my house because there are four girls and only one boy.  I had not realized until yesterday that my girls were really feeling the emotional strain that I am currently going through.  They expressed feeling down, worried, and overwhelmed.  So I realized that my girls were mirroring my moods.  Not only do I need to do a better job of reassuring them and not neglect my family as add Mandy's family to my list of things to do, but I also need to trust God more in this situation so that I am not so worried and overwhelmed. He will not give me more than I can handle and He is holding Mandy's family in his hands.
      However, more than anything, that if my children are starting to really feel this crisis that we are in, then I can't imagine what Mandy's kids are feeling.  Although they seem to be doing all right and they have a huge support system, nothing can replace having a mom to set the mood in the house. Please pray for Mandy's sweet children by name - Hannah, Matthew, Michaela, Hali, Hope, Hudson, and Moriah (the two youngest are missing from this picture).  They miss their Mom, who is a joyful servant most of the day.
     What kind of mood are you setting in your house?  What are some ways that you have learned to trust God more to control your emotions?

No comments: