Monday, January 16, 2012

You are Good Enough & Smart Enough - Mom Mondays

       I have to admit, I used to watch Saturday Night Live during my college days.  Now I am too exhausted to stay up that late.  After church yesterday, I felt like Stuart Smalley from SNL (played by actor Al Frankin).  He was an insecure nerdy looking guy who made himself feel better by self-talk.  He would say, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!" 
        When I compare myself to other "Super Saints", I leave church feeling inadequate and small. That is not how God wants us to feel when we leave church. Satan loves to make us girls feel insecure in order to distract us or to deture us from ministering to others. So if you are feeling a little insecure or unsure that God has big plans for you, let's do some self-talk together. Repeat after me."I am good enough because I am a daughter of The King. I am smart enough because God has gifted me with numerous talents and abilities.  And people do like me, but what is really important is that God has placed specific people in my life for me to shine God's love to.  Father, help me shine for you today!"

2 comments:

Kristin Cook said...

Wow. That was SO what I was needing to hear. As women, it's so easy to compare ourselves to others...about anything! It's so frustrating. I just told the Lord today that HE was going to be the one to have to help me overcome this.

Sarah Holmes said...

Yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I am super glad that I could encourage you! -Sarah