Friday, January 27, 2012

Pillar Sister, live like there is no tomorrow!

         Today I just want to thank God for my oldest sister Mandy who honestly is one of the best and most amazing moms that I know. I like to think of her as my "Pillar Sister". Psalm 144: 12 says, "May our daughters be like corner pillars cut from the structure of a palace"- strong and beautiful. She is my inspiration, because on days when I think I don't know how I am going to be able to do everything, I look at her and know it is possible. Just yesterday a surgeon successfully removed a tumor from behind her left eye. Praise God! Through this whole ordeal, she continued to be the pillar of strength that she always is because of her constant reliance on Christ. Calmly and methodically she made arrangements for her 7 children - 5 of which she homeschools, and her one-month old baby girl whom she continues to nurse during her hospital stay in ICU! Let her life encourage you that you can be a "Pillar Sister". God can help you through anything big or small and help you love your husband and children like there is no tomorrow- everyday!
         Do you have a "Pillar Sister" (in the faith or in the actual family)? We would all love to hear about her.       

2 comments:

Tosha said...

What an answer to prayer! I am so glad to hear that her surgery went well.

Sarah Holmes said...

Thank you so much for your prayers! Continue to pray because we aren't out of the woods yet!
Sarah