Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Critical School Decisions! - Wise Wednesdays

         
          Dr. James Dobson is so full of wisdom about child training.  I wanted to share with you this bit of crucial information to those of you with young children- especially those of you who are making choices about kindergarten. When Dobson was asked, "When is the most critical period in the spiritual training of young children?" He responded with,
          "I believe the fifth year of a child's life is the most critical. Up to that time, he believes in God because his parents tell him it is the thing to do.  At about five or six years of age he comes to a fork in the road... At that point, he may "buy it" and put his feet down onto a more solid foundation - or he may start to doubt it, laying the basis for rejection..."
           Surround those kiddos with people who love Jesus.  My kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hale made Jesus real to me, and then my mom explained the details. Pray over those school decisions. God has directed us to put both my girls are in public school for now, but I thank Jesus for my Christian school teacher Mrs. Hale.

         

No comments: