Friday, January 13, 2012

Terrible or Terrific Twos - You Choose (Fun Friday)

      My 3rd child, Kyah, and her cousin Hudson are both almost 2 and 1/2, so yes, I know that two year olds say "no" often, throw fits, whine, make giant messes, destroy things, don't have much self-control or patience, etc. etc.. However, I also know that two year olds can also be the sweetest, cuddliest, most joyful, most adorable, easily entertained, hilarious, and undeniable cuter than just about any age. The list of their good qualities goes on and on. 
        Though this stage in life can definitely be difficult and time demanding.  I think it is one of the most delightful, and I am trying to soak Kyah up as much as I can.  When I am exhausted and bewildered after a meltdown at the store, I am tempted to think, "I can't wait until these "Terrible Twos" are over.  Instead, I need to remind myself that I am "Gonna Miss This"! (I have trouble listening to that song by Trace Adkins without crying. See it on You Tube.) I try to think of the multitude of positive things about Kyah and the stage in life that she is in right now-the Terrific Twos. It is all about positive perspective and contentment. I need to be more like my amazing two-year-old who is so gifted at living joyfully in the moment.
       Go have fun living in the moment with your child - whatever age they are today! I would love to hear ways that you joyfully live in the moment with your kids.

No comments: