Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Time Obedience - Wise Wednesdays

(Day 3 continuation on Faithful Follow Through)
 Step 3: Require First-time Obedience          Requiring first-time obedience from my kids, is the only way my kids will learn that I mean what I say.  I am going to hand this topic over to a woman much wiser and more disciplined than myself. Ginger Plowman is the author of my very favorite books on parenting because it weaves together the biblical truth of focusing on a child's heart with practical steps to apply these truths.
         Ginger Plowman teaches her children that first time obedience means, "All the way, right away, and with a happy heart." This is brilliant because it not only focuses on the action, but the attitude behind the action. Plowman references Ephesians 6:1-3, Colossians 3:20, Proverbs 13:18,24, and more as she tells her children, "When you disobey me you are disobeying God and it will not go well with you.  I love you too much to allow you to disobey. "Don't Make Me Count to Three" Should be required reading for all Christian Moms.
          Don't miss tomorrow when I tell you about her practical tool to carry out these principles entitled Wise Words for Moms.  In the meantime, I would love to hear any great ideas you have for requiring first time obedience from your children.

No comments: