Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mandy's Lesson 3 - "Uptown Problems"

      I can't remember exactly what I was worrying or complaining about today when my husband tried to bring me back to reality by telling me that I was having an "uptown problem". He then had to explain to me that an "uptown problem" is referring to something that is really not a very big deal, but is viewed as a problem by someone whose perspective is out of wack.  For example, if you were really upset that your seat warmer in your new Lexus did not warm your bum to just the right temperature - that would be an "uptown problem." What I have been learning this past week with my sister, Mandy, being in ICU, is that most of things that upset me daily are "uptown problems", and that I need to seek Christ to give me an eternal perspective for daily life.
      "Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to stop being so self-centered and focused on small daily issues that I miss the lives of those around me that need to be shown your love and your light right now in this dark world."
        Do you have any "uptown problems" that you want to confess? What helps you keep your eternal perspective?

No comments: