Thursday, March 1, 2012

Friendtentional- Guest Blogger Kristin Cook


Diane, Saradee, Whitney, and Kristin
 I am so thankful that I have such wonderful friendships at this stage in my life. I can’t imagine going through ‘mommy-hood’ without them. My friends bless my life through shared  stories, encouragement, help and prayer. However, in the busyness of life, sometimes those friendships can go unattended. Friendships need maintaining, time and effort, in order to grow. Often with all the social media available, we see posts or recent happenings with friends and feel like we are up to speed with what’s going on in their lives and therefore don’t invest in face-to-face time. I have been challenged this year to be more intentional in building closer relationships. Less Facebook time and more face-to-face time. More scheduling fun, girly lunches and/or hosting girls' nights. More good conversations during playdates and coffee dates after the kids are in bed. Friendships are such a blessing and I want to make sure I’m making an intentional effort to give support and encouragement to my friends!

Do you have any great ideas about how to be more friendtentional (intentional about supporting and encouraging your friends)?  We would love to hear about them.

- Kristin Cook owns her own amazing photography business (KristinCookPhotography.com), and is a mother of three young children. She is also a wonderful example of someone who is friendtentional!Thanks for sharing, Kristin.

No comments: