Friday, March 23, 2012

Simple Pleasures - Fun Friday

Yesterday, I was surprised to hear my daughter say, "I had the best day ever!"  From her excitement, you would have thought she had just returned from a day at Disneyland.  Yet truthfully her day just included some quality time with the family in the morning, and then an afternoon with my thoughtful father-in-law who is an expert at enjoying the simple things in life. He took them to Sonic, the park, and the candystore. This was a good reminder to me to enjoy the simple pleasures in life with my kids. We have been to the beach, the lake, the mountains and more, but still my kids favorite "vacation" of all time is when we spent the night in a nice hotel downtown. I am always trying to come up with grand plans to entertain my kids when really they would be just as happy enjoying simple time with me playing soccer outside, going to the park, eating icecream, blowing bubbles, or playing board games.

What are some simple pleasures that you and your children share? If you are not sure, just ask them what they want to do today.  While you are enjoying your time together, remember to thank God for all the simple pleasures in your life!

No comments: