Monday, March 12, 2012

Mini Me - Mom Mondays

       The wonderful and frustrating thing about our children is that they are mini versions of ourselves. If you find yourself "butting heads" with one of your children more than the others, it may be because they are the most like you. From my conflicts and observations of my most spirited and particular child, I have learned things about myself that I had never realized before - good and bad.
           My exhortation to you and myself today is to use these realizations as positive learning and growing experiences instead of fuel for irritation or self-loath. Think upon the blessing that similarities create great bonding opportunities whether it is enjoying similar fun activities or working together to become better at common flaws. Also, you can be grateful that you understand their feelings and their perspective on life; therefore, are able to respond to and help them deal with situations better. Lastly, it is self-affirming to see in their endearing personalities, that you do have many positive characteristics that you have passed onto them as well.
P.S. On a funny side note, I found this unique website called 1minime.com, where you can actually send them a photo, and they will make a personalized bobblehead doll from it for about $65.00.  I am content with having my daughter be my mini me.

3 comments:

Diane said...

why is this post dated March 27? Do you have some strange ability to see the future? :) I have some serious questions if you can!!

Sarah Holmes said...

Hey Diane,
Sorry to disappoint you I can't see all of the future, but I do know this. I see great things in your future. And for some reason, today, I am seeing you and three other beautiful women at a bagel shop;)
Seriously, I wrote this in advance, and was planning on posting it later. However, it got posted early by accident. I am posting it officially on March 12th. Thanks for following.
Sarah

Unknown said...

I know the feeling, I feel like my daughter is a half size version of myself to pay me back for all the trouble I gave my parents! The personalized bobbleheads are a great thing too I had one made a year or so ago for a friend that had both of our heads bobbling together! It was totally unique, and is a great way to show friendship!