Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Don't Judge Me - Wise Wednesdays

    My sweet, sweet friend Paula Hand posted the above quote on facebook yesterday.  A new column entitled "Don't Judge Me" in a popular parenting magazine is a huge success, because so many of us are feeling a bit convicted by this quote. I have always felt completely comfortable and accepted by Paula, and now I know why.  Unlike the average female, she is never judging me, or focusing on my faults. She is only loving me for who I am.  Father, please help me to focus on loving the positives in others - encouraging them to be the best that they can be- and leave the judging to You. Only You know the whole heart story behind every person and the struggles and blessings they are currently distracted by.  I want to be an example to my children of one who unconditionally loves, assumes the best, and overlooks shortfalls in others.  Yet I also want to continually search my own life for weaknesses and strongholds that need to be removed.  Father, please help me overcome my giant blindspots ('the beam in my eye') in order to see more clearly to help others.  (Luke 6: 41 & 42)

No comments: