Monday, April 16, 2012

Joy of Music - Finding Joy #5

I was still searching for joy, but it was time to teach my monthly Playgroup with a Purpose and guess what fruit of the spirit I was supposed to be teaching these preschoolers about? You guessed it - JOY! Gratefully, I had taught this character quality before. Looking back at my past notes reminded me of all the things that produce joyfulness.  Below is the beginning of this lesson for your children. Today we will begin with the intro and songs. See Wednesday for activities and Friday for object lessons.
INTRODUCTION

Simple Definition of Joy- showing your unconditionally happy heart

The way to have J.O.Y. is to put Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last.

"In Thy presence is fullness of joy; in Thy right hand there are pleasures forever." - Psalm 16:11

"Joy is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ." - William Vander Hoven

JOYFUL SONGS - The Bible talks repeatedly about expressing our joy through music. Put some music on or make your own music. Get out the toy band set, the pots and pans, or a jar full of beans or rice, and let your kids sing and play for joy.
1. "Ho, Ho, Ho, Hosanna"
2.  "Are you Downhearted?" by Robert Harkness,
3. "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in my Heart"
4. "J - is for Jesus" - Lyrics are "J is for Jesus, and O- is for others, and YYYYYY is for you and you and you and you and you and you."
5. "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength" (Nehemiah 8:10)
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

What are your favorites ways to show joy through music?

No comments: