Thursday, April 26, 2012

God's Calling. Did you Answer? - Finding Joy #10

I would like to conclude this series on Finding Joy by telling you that I have personally found that when I am focused on myself, I have the most difficulty finding joy.  On the other hand when I am ministering to others through the talents, gifts, and roles God has called me to - mother, wife, blogger, sister, friend, etc. that is when I have found the most joy. That is how Christ has designed me and you, because joy is found when you take your eyes off yourself (the Y in JOY), and look towards the power of the love of Jesus (the J in JOY) to serve Others (the O in JOY) for His glory.  It is as simple as keeping the letters in order - J.O.Y.!

My sweet sister-in-law - who, get this, has the same exact name as me minus one h - Sara Elizabeth Holmes - pointed me to this post that explains the above point further.
  
"We are easily deceived to think we can live for ourselves and be faithful to God in our ministry as moms. Jesus said that those who live for themselves will actually have an unfulfilling life, but those who lose their lives for His sake will really experience life. As parents, our self-death for Christ’s sake not only produces fruit [JOY] in our own hearts, but produces fruit in the hearts of our children, fruit that grows by the power of God. Let us, then, choose to joyfully give of ourselves for our children [and others]. Everyday." - Christine Hoover blogs at gracecoversme.com. For this whole article, go to http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/the-everyday-question-of-motherhood.

So, for a fulfilled and joyful life, we need to fulfill God's calling for our lives. What is God calling you to do? 

No comments: