Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crisis of Faith - Finding Joy #3

Have you ever doubted your faith? Even if you haven't, your children will. So you need to be prepared. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Christian Studies, but during my recent family crisis even I experienced doubts. My crisis of feeling (the blahs) quickly turned into a crisis of faith. What should we do to combat doubts? Seek the Truth.
Hank Hanegraaf
The Bible Answer Man
1st - Pray about it. I asked God to make Himself real to me, and then Providentially I literally happened upon an amazing tract  "How Can I Believe in Christ, When I Don't Even Believe the Bible."
(Order yours from www.evantell.org)

2nd - Seek wise counsel.  Meet with a leader in your church or knowledgable friend, or read some of these amazing resources.
     1. Who Moved the Stone? by Frank Morrison
     2. The New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? by F.F. Bruce
     3. Jesus and the Eyewitness by Richard Bauckham

3rd - Get answers to specific doubts or questions from The Bible Answer Man.  His website http://www.equip.org/bible_answers is an amazing resource for finding the answer to literally any Bible question you could imagine. 

I am glad to say that my doubts have quickly dissolved after seeing so much evidence.
I would love to know how you combat doubts in your children or in your own heart.

No comments: