Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Closet is Not Feeling Well

BEFORE
No this photo is not morphed. My closet really is that skinny and it is not feeling well. It looks like it has thrown up!

I know some of you are disgusted not only by the mess, but by the abundance of clothes that I have. Let me defend myself somewhat by saying that in my teens and twenties one of my hobbies was shopping resale, so only about twenty items have been bought since I have had children and almost all of it was less than $10.

However, now it is time to reduce, recycle, and change out winter clothes for spring. Join with me as I purge (get it) my closet of unneeded items, and tackle my sin of hoarding.  My sick closet is really a sign of a sick heart. When you don't have much money or you are a cheapskate like me, it is easy to get in a bad habit of hoarding. This way you have a better chance of having what you need when you need it.  Instead of hoarding, I need to trust God more to provide for my needs.  He has always provided for me and my family in the past through generous friends and family. Hopefully my new generosity will bless others in true need the way I have been blessed.

"As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works,  to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasures for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life."
                                                                                                                           -I Timothy 6

No comments: