Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One Thousand Gifts - Finding Joy #9

321910: One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are By Ann Voskamp (above is a direct link to Christianbooks.com)

There is nothing better than getting a surprise present in the mail. My college roommate and dear friend, whose name also happens to be Sarah Elizabeth, sent this book to me to help me get through the recent difficult time I was going through as a result of my sister's brain tumor and stroke.

I was really struggling with how to put into practice my Biblical knowledge about having joy in times of trouble. AnnVoskamp, a pig-farmer's wife and mother of five, has an amazing talent for expressing in beautiful language the battle for joy that goes on in our hearts not just in times of crisis but through daily frustrations and discontentment as moms. She gives simple, practical steps to fight that daily battle.

A dare from her friend to write down 1,000 blessings changed her life completely. Now this book with the power of the Holy Spirit is changing thousands of others including mine. You must read this book and pass it on to a friend!

ShopAmazon.com or use the direct link to Christianbooks.com above.

Find out more about this book, the author, and the impact that they continue to have at  www.aholyexperience.com.

No comments: