Sunday, July 15, 2012

What are You Afraid of? - Courage #4

I am unecessarily afraid of many things.
Often our daily fears are as silly as my first real fear. I am afraid of sharks. Fear is usually caused by Satan's lies. All we need to do is remind ourselves of the truth.
Example:
Lie - I am in danger of being bitten by a shark.
Truth - I am not in danger since the nearest beach is about eleven hours away.


Below is just the beginning of my list of fears. Make one for yourself and/or talk to your kids about their fears.  Then find some of God's truths to combat your fears. I have listed some courageous verses at the end to help you get started.

I am afraid of:                               See photo of my view above vs. God's view below.

What people think of me
My children's and husband's safety
failure (mine and my children) 
getting old
being left out

God's comforting truth:

1.Joshua 1: 7 & 9 - "....Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

2. Psalm 34:4 - "I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears."

3. Psalm 56:4 -"...In God I put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?"

4. Isaiah 41:10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you.  Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

5. II Tim. 1: 7&8 "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and of love and discipline (sound mind)..."


6. I Peter 5:7 -"Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you."
7. I John 4:4 - "Greater is He that is in you, than He that is in the world."

What are you afraid of? How do you combat your fear?

No comments: