Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stop Reading this Right Now! - Courage to Continue to Change #3

I am the queen of overplanning and thus I am also the queen of becoming easily overwhelmed, putting things off, and easily giving up when things don't go according to my precise plans.

I keep telling myself that I will:

1. Do amazing character training activities with my kids right after I make perfect lesson plans for each day of the summer that include all of the possible elements that anyone could ever want.

2. Pray and read the Bible with my kids consistently every night right after I find the perfect Bible devotion book and make cute prayer cards and corresponding questions for nightly study.
3. Do number one and two right after I get my to-do list done, house cleaned, de-cluttered, and reorganized and begin following my amazing cooking and cleaning checklists and schedule.

Do you see the flaw in my over planning, and putting off things until I have all my ducks in a row?

My darn ducks are never going to be all in a row!
I am never going to get all of this done especially if I am just sitting in front of this computer blogging.

So here is what I am going to do:
1. I am going turn off this computer and the list in my brain that is continually reminding me of all the things I am never going to get done. 
2. I am going to get down on my knees for a few moments and seek God's guidance for:
    a. What he would like for me to do as special time with my kids right now, and
    b. then where he would like for me to begin to glorify him in my other daily tasks.

Let me also encourage you not to wait for those darn ducks!
1. Stop reading this right now!
2. Turn off your computer and seek God for what He wants you to do to glorify Him in your home and grow closer to your children right now!

No comments: