Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Witness with Wordless Playdo - Courage #2


http://www.hsprintables.com/wordlessbook.html


http://www.hsprintables.com/wordlessbook.html
I asked myself what do I need courage for most in my daily life?

Answer:
Telling others about Jesus' love. 

So I tried to think of a fun and simple way to help my kids have courage to tell others that Jesus loves them whether that be a neighbor, classmate, or any other friend.


The wordless book came to mind. Yet I wanted to be able to give our friends not just a few colored pieces of paper, but something they would really want.

I believe God gave me the idea of Playdo. What kid doesn't like playdo and how easy to give them playdo in the same colors as the wordless book.


My idea is to invite a friend over for a playdate.  After everyone starts feeling comfortable with each other, present them with your present of colored playdo and the color by number sheet about Jesus' love, and maybe a heart cookie cutter.  Then let the kids play with playdo (have your own set so they don't have to open their nice new playdo) and have your child explain to the other child about the different colors and why we wanted to give them a present - to share with them that Jesus loves them.

Here is a short version of what the colors stand for:

Gold - reminds us of Heaven  - John 3:16
Black - reminds us of sin (anything that displeases God keeps us from going to heaven) - Romans 3:23
Red - reminds us of Jesus' blood took the punishment for our sin- I Corinthians 15:1-4
White - reminds us how to get a clean heart - John 1:12
(A- Admit that you are a sinner
  B - Believe that Christ died for your sins

  C -Call on Jesus to forgive you so you can be saved.)
Green - reminds us to grow to know Jesus more and more through
   the Bible, prayer, church, and telling others

I hope to try this out this week.  I would love to hear how your experience went if you try this!
Do you have any fun and simple ways to help your kids have courage to share Christ with others?

No comments: