Monday, June 18, 2012

If it's free, then it's for me! - Money Fights #1

Find this ebook and more free at
MoneySavingMom.com
https://moneysavingmom.com/2012/06/free-childrens-bible-story-ebooks.html
Today, I wanted to begin this short series about some of my personal pitfalls and the issues that my wonderfully wise husband and I go round and round about. I am hoping that you can learn from my mistakes.

I say, "If it's free (or on sale) then it's for me!"
He says, "If you were not planning on buying it already this month, then you should wait. You probably don't need it."

I love bargains, but I am tempted to buy things I don't need just because they are on sale. I am even worse at resisting a freebie - which by the way is not really free if you are required to use your time, effort, or gas money to go to an extra store, fill out a form on the internet, bend over backwords, etc. for it!  I should have seen a red flag when me getting my tubes tied seemed more appealing to me just because it was going to cost less than birth control:). I think my Groupon intervention is scheduled for next week. Maybe if I hide under all the junkie free stuff that is piled in my closet taking up my space and energy to organize, they won't find me.

P.S. By the way if you love free stuff too, you just haaaaaaave to go to MoneySavingMom.com - my new favorite blog about being a better economist. I just got four free Christian ebooks there yesterday!

This week and part of next we are focusing on money management, so I would looooooooooove for you to post any of your insight or ideas in the comment area about stewardship anytime the rest of this month.

No comments: