Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Deals on Dinner for Dad - Dad's Day #6

This was a birthday dinner the girls and I made for my hubby.
Teach your kids about stewardship and make the Dad in your life feel special at the same time.
You don't have to spend money at a fancy restaurant to make Dad feel special. My husband would actually prefer to stay home and have a special homecooked (or at least home heated in my case) meal made for him.

Get your child involved as you plan, shop, and prepare dinner for dad. One of the best places to learn about stewardship is the grocery store. Use store brands, compare prices, stick to your list and your budget, etc.

I love coupons, but don't have time for them at this stage in my life.  You might try putting your child in charge of finding coupons for the things you already use.  Let them keep part of whatever money they save as an incentive and a lesson in frugalness.
What other ways can you teach your kids about stewardship or anything else at the grocery store?

No comments: