Saturday, May 12, 2012

Free Book of Traditions- Mother's Day #7

Happy Mom's Day! As a Mother's Day present to you, I am going to randomly select a winner from anyone who makes a comment or signs up to follow my blog the rest of this month. The winner of the book, Family Traditions that Last a Lifetime, will be posted on June 1st! 

This book is a compilation of the family traditions of over 100 famous people from Abigail Adams to Barbara Bush. It is packed full of real life traditions that these families really did.  Their Mother's Day ideas range from the common breakfast in bed to a day of fishing or planting petunias. (It is a gently used book since it is out of print.)

What are your favorite family traditions for Mother's Day?

4 comments:

Diane said...

Love the book idea! Especially for grandma-I'll makeyself take more photos with her in them :)
Our tradition is simply to be together, the activities may change but I want to see my mom on Mother's day.

Kristin Cook said...

no dishes!!!!
This book sounds fabulous!

Sarah Holmes said...

Kristin,
I am with you - no dishes! I let them pile up all day hoping someone would do them since it was Mother's Day, and my loving husband eventually did them right before bedtime! Yeah!

Sarah Holmes said...

Hi Diane,
I know my mom doesn't like to be in the pictures. So you would only need a couple with Grandma. The collage of Grandma's favorite things along with more pictures of just the kids will make it extra special for Grandma.
Thanks for sharing!