Sunday, August 12, 2012
What Does Your Kid's Hair and Clothes Say about You?- Back to School #2
1. You can make a cute frame for them to hold (thanks to James N' Mel Z on Pinterest)
2. Make a sign for your kid to hold saying what grade They are in.
3. Make a short video, and ask your child what a few of their favorite things are or what they want to learn more about.
4. Or just take photos on the front porch super casual like I do.
Whatever you do, you don't want to miss documenting your child's first day back at school in some way.
The funny part is that this really is one of their good days. Typically their hair and clothes are crazier than this. So what do these two photos tell me about myself? I admit at first, I was a little embarrassed and thought twice about posting this, because I thought this second picture said I wasn't being a very good mom. Then I realized that I am still a work in progress, and this picture actually says to me that I am an even better mom now than I was a year ago because it shows that I am doing a better job at working toward:
2. Stopping being such a control freak about appearances and other things, and letting them become more independent and responsible for dressing and grooming themselves.
3. Being a more laid back fun mom with Godly priorities, and less picky perfectionist mom.
I am still a work in progress and so are they. Don't judge me because of how my kids look and I will try to give you the benefit of the doubt as well.
Go to my website - TheCharacterMom.com and use the handy tool on the blog to post your photo as your comment!
How have you and your kids changed this year?