Friday, August 17, 2012

Are You or Your Kids Worried? - Back to School #4

I have one child who gets anxious often especially when we start talking about school.  However, the other two are usually just fine until they see me trying to pretend that I am not worried while I talk about reasons why we shouldn't worry. Then they start thinking, "Should I be worried about something?" That is when I generally become a human tree with three little worried monkeys attached to me somewhere.
Our children can sense our fears. Spend some time in prayer over the next few days to prepare yourself for sending your kids to school. The more we trust in Christ as moms, the less anxious we will all be. If we show confidence in our kids and in Christ, it is easier for them to do the same.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my favorite secular magazine FamilyFun.com published "prayer" as one of the solutions in their First Day Jitters article. Go to their sight or my favorite Christian magazine ThrivingFamily.com.  for more ideas for easing anxiety on the first day of school.

I would love to hear about any of your ideas for ways you help your kids have confidence in themselves and in Christ. We will talk more about this on Monday. Have a great weekend!

No comments: