We can learn so much from 3 year olds for instance:
- how to thoroughly enjoy life.
- They live in the moment never
worried about tomorrow.
- They are little sponges excitely
soaking up all the new things
around them with a teachable
and humble heart.
- They are generally happy since
they are silliness experts
(see my last blog about how
silliness ability is important
to your happiness).
1. Love Others - Kyah never says to me, "You are in my personal space." Physical affection is never awkward or uncool at her age. Kyah loves me, her Big Daddy, and sisters no matter what and always wants to spend time with us no matter how we are acting or feeling. We are her world. She is never too busy to drop what she is doing to spend time with one of us. One of her great hugs and a sweet smile can brighten our day like nothing else. I wish I was better at making people feel loved and special the way Kyah does.
The name Kyah means diamond in the sky, so I call her My Shining Star. She has her dramatic moments of sadness, selfishness, and stubborness as any diva does, but generally "My Little Star" truly brightens my life and our home like no one else can with her enjoyment for life and love.
How can you love God and others more? What can you learn from your kids?