Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"I Can Do It Myself!!!"

My two main goals for this year are:

1. Live Simplified - Seeking God's guidance to help me to focus on what He wants me to be and do and nothing more.

I know the reason for most of my worries and overwhelmed feelings is because I took on burdens last year that my Heavenly Father never asked me to carry.

2. Live Spirit-filled by God's Grace - I've been trying to do everything in my own strength and wisdom. I was even trying to be Spirit-filled in my own strength - bad idea!

My Father is FAITHFUL to help me do what He asks me to do. When I strive to do things in my own way and my own strength, I can picture God waiting patiently for me to look up and ask for help and guidance. Just like I watch (not so patiently) as my frustrated toddler tries to do even small tasks she is incapable of such as tie her shoes.  God loves us the same whether we are wearing velcro or if we get help with tasks we can't do. Why do we continue to struggle on our own?

What do you want to do or be in 2014? How are you going to seek God's strength and direction?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings,

I deeply resonate with your struggle of struggling on your own.

Today my thoughts have gone, "I wish that I could leave the faith, but I can't -- where would I go?!"

I'm wondering how you are doing with your twofold goal this year?

In His steadfast love,
Rebekah

Unknown said...

I just realised that this was written last year!

Still curious as to how you are doing? :-)